Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force Acadamy

Last post 07-24-2006, 1:36 PM by americanstrategist. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-23-2006, 11:14 PM 3506

Air Force Acadamy

Hi, I am a Sophmore in high school and I was wondering what more I should do to get into the Acadamy. I already have a 3.7 GPA im fit but not in sports because I am in marching band, but I was thinking of taking a sport outside of school. I haven't taken my SAT yet or even PSAT, but im taking a class that will help with them. Im also in all PRE-AP/AP classes and have already contacted my Senator. Other then that what would help?
  •  07-24-2006, 1:36 PM 3508 in reply to 3506

Re: Air Force Acadamy

Your GPA is pretty good.  Always try to achieve the best grades.  Those advanced classes are also a plus.  If you can, you should join a sport.  The USAFA is a very physically oriented school and most of the students there have done at least some athletics in high school.  You'll probably take your PSAT in your sophomore year and most students take the SAT in the junior year.  Judging by your GPA, I think you'll do well.  Just keep up the good grades.  It is also good that you contacted your senator already.  It is good to let them know that you are interested.  Remeber that you can also get nominations from other people such as your congressmen.  Also, you should do some community service.  I have heard that they look for at least 100 hours or so.  Also, look into other extracurricular activities.  For example, you could join a club and try to earn a leadership position.  Also, there is JROTC and the CAP. 

Good luck.

View as RSS news feed in XML